How fundraising has changed since covid
2023-01-20 | Fundraising
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the way fundraising is done. Here are some of the ways fundraising has changed since COVID-19:
- Shift to Digital Fundraising: With the pandemic forcing people to stay home and avoid social gatherings, non-profits have had to shift their fundraising efforts to digital channels. Online fundraising, virtual events, and social media campaigns have become more popular than ever before.
- Increased Emphasis on Donor Retention: Non-profits have been focusing more on donor retention during the pandemic, as it has become more difficult to attract new donors. They have been using various methods to keep existing donors engaged, such as personalized communication, virtual events, and online giving options.
- Virtual Events: With in-person events being cancelled due to COVID-19, non-profits have had to pivot to virtual events. Virtual events have become a popular way to engage supporters and raise funds, with many organizations hosting online auctions, concerts, and other types of events.
- More Flexibility: Non-profits have had to be more flexible with their fundraising strategies during the pandemic. They have been experimenting with new ideas and approaches to adapt to the changing circumstances.
- Focus on Emergency Funds Many non-profits have created emergency funds to help those affected by the pandemic. These funds have become a key fundraising priority for many organizations.
Overall, the pandemic has accelerated the adoption of digital fundraising and forced non-profits to be more creative and flexible in their fundraising strategies. It has also highlighted the importance of donor retention and emergency funds in times of crisis.
Get started with digital fundraising by adopting our fundraising pack creator and let your supporters create and download fundraising materials in minutes. All materials in the packs are print-friendly so easy for people to print at home and include social media graphics so they can share online to promote their activity or gain sponsorship. Something you don't get as part of a traditional postal fundraising pack. Start with your 14-day free trial today Try for freeFundraising, Covid, Digital
All you need to sign up is information about your charity, your logo and 2 of your colours. Start free trial